Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun





The middle of my 3 sons died at the age of 22 (motorcycle). After 15 years, I only think of the good stuff.  I miss all three of them. This song always comes to mind this time of the year. Kitty

Yesterday, 8/21/15, was my Todd's birthday. After all this time, I walked to his grave in the cemetery where so many young people have died, it takes my breath away. There were already balloons and gifts sitting on the small bench. It made me smile to know, others had never forgotten him. He was a gift, what a fine gift. It's still not I trip a make often, I turn to stone when I turn into the cemetery entrance. My mother and brother are not far away in the layout of the unbearable silent flat ground covered with names, dates, and a few words of friends and family missing this person who lies six feet down in the earth. I don't understand all of any process of what feelings I should feel, but I know that I am as solid in my coping mechanism as the granite of the head stones that cover the terrain. I only have to read the words engraved to Todd that is attached to his monument - it's a letter from me, mom. Then it all comes back, all the good stuff, the grand human being this young man became, and touched so many lives, in his short one. It is a difficult journey, but it was a smile I walked away with........mom

No comments: